Sunday 19 October 2008

Purple Rain

What a fabby challenge Hels has set us today on the Sunday Stampers challenge - right up my street - for those of you who dont know, I love Prince, he's got to be one of the most telented musicians on the planet!!!! Anyway, the challenge is called `Purple Rain' and we have to use purple on our creations! I have decided to make a little pocket to keep my old Prince ticket in from the O2 concert that I went to last year.



I started by using one of the Sara's Surfaces which was a tall coin envelope which I covered with some Hot off The Press paper. I stamped a guitar image (inkadinkado) in Imperial Purple versafine ink and also the Rockstar text with the same. I used my Cricut to cut out Prince and also a bracket which I added to the front. I finished off by using a grunge board crown which I covered in the same ink, then added glossy accents over the top and sprinkled purple glitter on whilst it was still wet. My scanner hasn't done the colours justice, cus it is purple - honest!!!

5 comments:

Angie C said...

Great pocket and I love the two stamps you have used :-)

Ann said...

Gorgeous Karen - ooh I luv Prince & Purple Rain, brings back memories!!
Brill stamps Karen xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Love this hun, what a great idea and glad you liked the theme this week...I guessed you may have done!! LOL Thanks for joining in xx

Hazel said...

What a good idea to preserve the ticket with this beautiful pocket

Craftyideas said...

Great idea -love your pocket and love the stamps xxx